There’s this blog game which has been going round amongst fellow WordPress bloggers, and I’ve been lucky enough to be tagged twice! Which means it’s time for me to acknowledge it without further ado. The rules of the game are as follows:
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the ‘tagger’ has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There are no tag backs.
I’ve decided to bend the rules a little, hence the reason for the title ‘mini blogathon’. I’m not going to post 11 things about myself, I’ve revealed so much already in my previous 90 posts! Nor will I create 11 questions to ask other bloggers, I have in the past created my own blog game along similar lines. Therefore no 11 bloggers will be tagged, you’re off the hook! However, I will answer the 22 questions posed by the two bloggers who tagged me. This in itself took me quite a while! The first set of questions came from Diana, a lovely young blogger. Nabadip is the other blogger who tagged me, another talented young person I admire, in my opinion they both write really great posts straight from the heart. Do check them out!
Right, let me answer Diana’s 11 questions first:
1. Share one or more things that blogging has taught you. Blogging has certainly opened up my world; I enjoy learning about other people on the planet, both from the East and the West, it helps me understand and appreciate the similarities and differences in our vast life experiences, truly enriching indeed.
2. Share one or more things about blogging that you want to change. Quite happy with they way things are at present!
3. Between present and past, what is the biggest good/bad change in You? Good change: I’ve learnt to let go of a lot of things, and I feel happier for it. Bad change: I’ve put on incredible weight, I need to lose it, desperately!
4. How do you prefer to spend your free time? Spending quality time with my family (as reflected in many of my posts) and reading of course, I’ve always read from a very young age.
5. Which place will you choose – an evening on beach, snow-clad mountains, a night in desert, a cool garden or at home with AC on in front of TV. I miss the tropical beach back in my homeland, Malaysia, therefore that would be my first choice, followed by a cool garden in England, lots more to explore!
7. Have you prayed for something? What is that? Did you get it? Prayer is my spiritual nourishment, I cannot function properly without it. It’s not about getting what I want, it’s more about finding peace. Everything in life has been ordained by God, therefore my prayers will come true if they’re right for me at the time. If not, another time perhaps, or not at all, in which case what I prayed for may not be good for me after all.
8. If I had got one more chance… Have you ever felt so? Sometimes…I would always want to improve things given the chance. After that, I try to move on, no point dwelling on something that’s not meant to be.
9. Which fiction character could you relate to the most? I’m not sure, but I admire Belle from Beauty & the Beast; her love for reading and wanting to explore more of the world, her beauty and grace, her ability to bring out the best in another and to look beyond first appearances.
10. Which is your favorite Cartoon character? Belle!
11. Are you afraid of dark? No, should I be? I remember a friend at University who was though, it annoyed the rest of us in the room when she insisted the lights on at bedtime each night!
Let me move on to Nabadip’s 11 questions now:
1. Why did you take up blogging? To fill the void after closing my Facebook account for good. My reason for doing so, read my very first post, why blogging. I also felt the need to express myself freely, blogging seemed to be the best option.
2. Ever wanted to get your works published? It would be nice. I’ve had simple articles published as an undergrad trainee journalist back in my homeland, and a few short lines recently on Merdeka Day for a Malaysian magazine pull-out.
3. Most embarrassing moment?! Let it be my well-kept secret! 🙂
4. What do you think was the biggest mistake in your life? Er,if any! There are no mistakes in life, everything that happens has a purpose to serve, there is great blessing behind every incident, even the bad ones.
5. Favorite author,and why? Enid Blyton, she brings back memories of my childhood; how I developed my love for reading and sense of curiosity about the world.
6. A lonely evening reading a book,or out partying with friends? what would you pick? I would prefer a book when I’m not in the mood to socialise, otherwise I enjoy meeting a bunch of friends for a ladies’ nite, usually at one of our houses, over tea/coffee and cakes, without husbands and children. Amazingly though the topic of conversation will always revert to our husbands and children! 🙂
7. The best post on your blog? Weekly Photo Challenge: Happy
8. How many friends from your school days are you still in touch with? (I have my own selfish reason for asking this one!) A handful, we’ve known each other since we were 13 at boarding school in Malaysia. They are my closest and most trusted friends, irreplaceable.
9. The happiest moment in your life? My wedding day, being married to the man I love, the man I realised I could not live without.
10. Your most cherished possession? My wedding and anniversary rings
11. One change you would like to see in yourself? Growing closer to God and less attached to this world with each passing day till my last…
Thank you once again Diana and Nabadip for including me in this wonderful mental exercise! I would also like to take this opportunity to welcome all my new readers and followers, and thank all the existing ones for taking the time to read my chattering from this little corner of the globe. My blog means a whole lot more with all of you out there reading it, thanks!